I’m halfway to my art show and here’s what we have:
Six abandoned houses:
Making the abandoned houses is a ton of fun and it’s pretty comfortable and easy for me. I could make a ton of these, but I would hate for it to seem that I think that abandoned houses is the sum total of what’s going on in this area.
With these portraits, I have two styles I’ve used: Ones with glass, and ones with a new, denser brushstroke pattern I’ve been trying. I think I might combine those two?
One King Fear
King Fear is a medley of textures from the abandoned houses that I’m using as part of a (hopefully) complex and layered metaphor about the area.
A trilogy of concept/autobiographical/parenthetical paintings
Two Braddock Spaceships
These are sort of operating with the same thinking as King Fear, but a little more positively.
And one painting of a local business:
If you could provide positive feedback, here’s the questions I need feedback for:
- Which kind of paintings are working the best for you? What do you like, what are you interested in seeing more of?
- What are positive subjects I could focus on for North Braddock?
- What themes do you think connect across the paintings? What themes do you think resonate in the different clusters of paintings?
- Which of the two styles of portrait do you think is working better?
- Which Braddock spaceship is better? Should I make a third one?
Email me your answers at NSV5001@gmail.com.
Here is a brief form you can fill out as well: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScQQQncZm5nqJ6ITRDldcuTHsCP7XcDevAdI8bHcQoJhGH1GA/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link